Wednesday, 11 December 2013
Sunday, 8 December 2013
Needed a break from the skinning process. I have yet to sort out the skirt, but also the bunches. bt I feel I may need back up in order to figure out how to achieve this. In the meantime however, seeing as Lucy is UV mapped, I jumped straight in and Textured her.
So finally after working my way down the body. I got to the eyes and I decided not to UV map the eyes. And that shaders were better. However the only issue highlighted is that those eyes are not quite centred...
However I'm chuffed with how the eyelids look having changed a few of the faces.
Friday, 6 December 2013
SkeletonSo a bit of progress has been made. Lucy was given a basic skeleton complete with a 'ribbon spine'. Ideal for a cartoon character for the squash and stretch features it possesses. Its a fairly quick process, the long bit is the next bit. The skinning- attaching the skeleton to the model and ensuring movements between joints are corrected.
Lucy's complete skeleton!
SkinningBelow are playblasts of skinning tests as I was adjusting the weights between joints. These corrections help make the characters movement more natural when the joints are later manipulated during animation.
Below is a sample of the arm movements. Testing the wrist, elbow, shoulder and clavicle.
This bit is of the most fiddly and long winded section of the character. The hands and fingers
Now for the main body. Movement shown in the chest, spine joints and also the pelvis
Next comes the motion in the legs. Testing the motion of the hips and knees.
Finally comes the motion in the feet and ankles. These ones bothered me most in that the ankle pointing down looks too soft. The thing is, there is only one ring of vertices assigned to the ankle joint itself.
The only bits left to do are to add joints to the bunches in Lucy's hair so they can react when she moves and the same with her skirt. I'm still not entirely clear on how to achieve this but I'm sure I will work it out shortly!